I recently installed Postie to my blogs.
My requirement was to simplify the process of posting a blog entry.
Instal process was simple. This is good.
Basic Product is free. This is good.
Product is extensible: This is good. (Add-ons must be paid for).
Does it do what I want: YES
Does it do exactly what I want: No
Does that matter: No
How am I using Postie? See Overview of Auto Socialize via Email process
My observations after setting Postie up:
- I have sent many emails (to my Postie listener email) to learn about Postie behavior.
- I like the way Postie can be made to work”by blog user”.
- I decided to stick with text based emails for the time being, primarily due to my users not being technically focused. (HTML has no meaning to them).
- I am “out the gate” with what I consider to be basic functionality; what I know is that Postie gives me some very deep expansion capabilities when the time arises.
- I learned a lot about my email client – go figure. This specifically refers to iPad and iPhone email client, whose outbound format is more difficult to control.
- I learned more detail about my mail host. I chose not to use gmail for this, primarily because I have an existing mail service as part of my housing package.
- Underlying approach is easy to understand and use.
- Product can be extended by buying add-ons.
- Product can be extended by adding to WordPress/Postie integration functionality is good. (Programming skills required).
Thank you Wayne Allen for postie