My requirement was to display Amazon Kindle reviews for Jane Paterson’s book, Gatekeepers of the Grapevine, on her author site at janepaterson.com.
This review takes into consideration that I am a novice ScrapeAZon user, and I am a moderately experienced WordPress configurator.
Instal process was simple. This is good.
Basic Product is free. This is good. (Thank you)
Product is extensible: No; there are no add-ons.
Product is configurable: Limited.
Does it do what I want: YES.
Does it do exactly what I want: YES.
How am I using ScrapeAZon? See janepaterson.com.
My observations after setting ScrapeAZon up:
- Worked first time after I followed all the instructions. The way I see it, this is a BIG deal.
- Instructions for setup are excellent, especially given the complexity of requirements for accessing Amazon
- You require an Affiliate key. This I have, so no issue.
- You require a Product Developer API key. This I did not have, but the explicit instructions provided by ScrapeAZon for obtaining this are excellent, especially when faced with the complexities of access management in the AWS world.
- I use the Responsive Theme:
- I added the provided code to a Widget – no issue. Displayed as I expected on my main menu.
- I added the provided code to a page that I have which describes all my books details, including reviews. Displayed as I expected.
- I learned a lot about Amazon reviews (again). The order shown is different to how Amazon shows reviews. But, no problem.
- I learned a bit about Amazon’s approach to security, but ScrapeAZon configuration does NOT require knowing this. Bypass IAM as per scrapeazon instructions.
- To display reviews, I used the ASIN of the relevant book. Worked as expected.
Thank you James Hanback, Jr for ScrapeAZon.